Once a year, we gather in Bali, Indonesia and host our amazing, powerful Gentle Birth Retreat. Immerse yourself in all things birth while completing 3 of the requirements of DONA International Birth Doula Certification.
Most birth doula trainings take place over the course of 2 or 3 days. Our immersive workshop + retreat allows for additional time to dive deeper, connect, learn, grow, and open your heart.
Your teachers, Debra Pascali-Bonaro and Ibu Robin Lim will teach Introduction to Childbirth, DONA Approved Birth Doula Workshop, and Breastfeeding, which will count as completion of 3 of the requirements of DONA International Birth Doula Certification – all while immersing yourself in beautiful Bali culture, doula sisterhood, in gorgeous, relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.
Who should participate?
Those who take the workshop do not need a professional background in birth, but should have the following: fascination with pregnancy, childbirth, and newborn babies; a desire to work with women or couples during this most meaningful and demanding time in their lives; emotional maturity, stamina, and reliability.
Why a retreat?
Most birth doula trainings take place over the course of 2 or 3 days. Our immersive workshop + retreat allows for additional time to dive deeper.
- Visit Bumi Sehat Birth Center with CNN Hero Ibu Robin Lim.
- Discover the role and her-story of doulas.
- Connect to a community of like minded woman.
- Deepen your passion for providing a doula’s nurturing care and touch to women in childbirth.
- Explore current practices vs supported care.
- Learn 10 tips for doulas to support a mother hormonal physiology – making birth safer and easier.
- Develop a toolkit of comfort measure.
- Create a language for gentle birth and enhance your communication skills.
- Learn birth traditions: dance, sing and learn how to use a rebozo.
- Learn how to protect a woman’s memory of her birth in any situation and any setting.
- Discuss the emotional, spiritual, and sexual aspects of childbirth and how to help release fears and open to birth on every level.
- Discuss how to support fathers and other partners.
- Deepen your breastfeeding skills and wisdom.
- Revel in placenta wisdom.
- Practice doula skills in a safe circle of support.
This training was a window of perspective into seeing birth traditions from around the world. – Hira
In addition to the DONA International Birth Doula Workshop, Introduction to Childbirth Class taught by Debra Pascali-Bonaro, and Breastfeeding Class taught by CNN Hero Ibu Robin Lim, there will be time to take advantage of being in Bali with:
- Welcome Reception on opening night after settling in with Ibu Robin, Debra and other Eat Pray Doula Participants.
- First 14 registrants will stay at Bumi Peace Kitchen, Ibu Robin’s new retreat center additional registrants will stay at the lovely Villa Sonia, just a short walk away.
- Delicious healthy breakfast, lunches and snacks.
- Morning Yoga each day.
- Free day for exploration – optional guided day add-on.
- Sublime pampering with massages available for approx. $14 USD/hr.
- Closing celebration dinner.
- Free time to visit sacred temples, the market, shops, and galleries for beautiful arts, crafts, and textiles.
- Workshop and special sessions.
- Accommodations at the retreat center Bumi Peace Kitchen, or a location within walking distance.
- Daily morning gentle yoga classes.
- Breakfast and Lunch each day of the workshop.
- Welcoming Reception.
- Closing Celebration Dinner.
What’s Not included
- Flights + Travel.
- Cost of Airport Transfer.
- Dinners + beverages.
- Travel Insurance (This is a requirement to attend our workshop).